Sunday, June 16, 2013

Installing Mango HMI on CentOS Tomcat6

I had a bit of trouble installing the Mango HMI on my CentOS box, but now I've solved it. It's a simple permissions problem, exacerbated by poor error messages in the catalina.log file on tomcat6. Googling the problem just turned up lots of other frustrated users, so I thought I'd wade in with the solution.

Here's the beef: You look in /usr/share/tomcat6/logs/localhost*.log. In there you'll see that the default Derby database didn't have write permission to /var/lib/tomcat6 and /etc/share/tomcat6/. You can find out who is running tomcat easily:

ps aux | grep tomcat

That tells me that "tomcat" is running tomcat. OK. So change the ownership of the two directories to "tomcat" and now restart tomcat6 and Bob's your uncle.

No comments:

Post a Comment